Associate Professor, full time
Coastal and Oceanographic Engineering
University of Florida, U.S.A.
Tech. Univ. Braunschweig, Germany
Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
Bogazici Univ., Dept. of Civil Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey
Coastal Engineering Consultants, Naples, Florida, U.S.A.
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A.
Leichtweiss Institute for Hydraulics, Braunschweig, Germany
Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany
Seyas Engineers, Architects and Consultants, Istanbul, Turkey
Dr. Armbruster Bau GmbH, Freiburg, Germany
Pendik Pier feasibility study / Istanbul Dredging Association
Civil Court of Istanbul; Two lawsuits regarding median line disputes between shipyards.
Turkish Glass Factories; Feasibility study for Cayirova Container Port.
Illenberger & Associates, South Africa; St. Francis Bay Coastal Erosion and Permeable Groin Design.
Altinok Consulting Engrg. Ltd. Co., Istanbul; Sanliurfa drinking water design and build works.
ENKA-ENET Engineering Research Consulting Inc., Istanbul; Bridge scour analysis for Aydin-Denizli expressway.
Civil Court of Istanbul; Lawsuits following Volgoneft (1999) and Gotia (2002) tanker accidents and oil spills in the Turkish Straits.
Sponsorship for the Most Outstanding Student Paper, American Inst. of Hydrology, 2000
- Demir, H., Otay, E.N., Work, P.A., ve Borekci, O.S. (2004) "Effects of dredge holes on the shoreline change in the Black Sea", J. Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, 130(4), 170-178.
- Kazezyilmaz-Alhan, M.C., and Otay, E.N. (2001) "Earthquake generated water waves on uniformly sloping coasts," Hydrologic Sciences and Technology Journal , American Institute of Hydrology, 17(1-4), 177-190.
- Otay, E.N., and Yenigun, O.,Volgoneft-248 (2001) "Volgoneft-248 oil spill in the Marmara Sea," Turkish Shipping World , Turkish Chamber of Shipping, 18(3), 6-12.
- Tan, B., and Otay, E.N.(1999) "A stochastic model for vessel casualties resulting from oil tanker traffic through narrow waterways," Naval Research Logistics , Wiley, 46(8), 871-892.
- Samanci A., and Otay E.N. (2004) "Design of a semi-permeable pile groin against coastal erosion at the St. Francis Bay, South Africa", Proc. 17th Tech. Conf. of Civil Engineering, Turkish Society of Civil Engineers, Istanbul. (on CD-ROM)
- Demir, H., Otay, E.N., Work, P.A., and Borekci, O.S. (2003) "Effects of dredge holes on the shoreline change in the Black Sea", Proc. Coastal Sediments '03, ASCE, Tampa, FL, U.S.A. 191-205.
- Otay, E.N., Yenigun, O. (2003), "An Oil Spill in the Bosporus: The Gotia accident," Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. on Oil Spills in the Mediterranean and Black Sea Regions, Istanbul, 27-42.
- Otay, N.E., and Ozkan, S. (2003), "Stochastic prediction of maritime accidents in the Strait of Istanbul", Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. on Oil Spills in the Mediterranean and Black Sea Regions. Istanbul,55-64
- Otay, E.N., Demir, H., Borekci, O.S., ve Work, P.A. (2002a) "Marine sand exploitation off the Turkish Black Sea coast", Proc. Littoral 2002, Eurocoast/EUCC, Porto, 467-476.
- Savran, S., and Otay, E.N.(2002). "Numerical modeling of coastal erosion at the Kizilirmak Delta", Proc. 4. Nat. Conf. on Coastal Engineering , Turkish Chamber of Civil Engineers, Antalya, 493-505 (in Turkish)
- Otay, E.N., Demir, H., ve Borekci, O.S. (2002). "Effects of offshore dredging to the shore",Proc. 4. Nat. Conf. on Coastal Engineering , Turkish Chamber of Civil Engineers, Antalya, 745-758 (in Turkish)
- Copty, N., Otay, E.N., and Work, P.A. (2000), "Residual Contamination at Seabed due to Vertical Transport of Oil," Proc. 2nd Intl. Conf. on Oil Spills in the Mediterranean and Black Sea Regions . Istanbul, 245-257.
- Otay, E.N., and Yenigun, O. (2000), "The Volgoneft-248 Oil Spill in the Marmara Sea,"Proc. 2nd Intl. Conf. on Oil Spills in the Mediterranean and Black Sea Regions . Istanbul, 13-23.
- Demir, H., Savran, S., ve Otay, E.N.(2000) "Feasibility of an alternative beach fill for Bandirma" Proc. 3rd Nat. Conf. on Coastal Engineering , Turkish Chamber of Civil Engineers, Canakkale, 403-417 (in Turkish)
- Kazezyilmaz-Alhan, C.M.,Otay, E.N. (2000) "Earthquake-Generated Water Waves on Uniformly Sloping Coastline," Intl. Conf. of the American Institue of Hydrology, Research Triangle Park, N. Carolina, 423-434.
- Otay, E.N., Kazezyilmaz, C.M. (2000) "Coastal waves generated by seismic motion of the sea bed," Proc. 3rd Nat. Conf. on Coastal Engineering, Turkish Chamber of Civil Engineers, Canakkale, 57-65 (in Turkish)
Coastal Sediment Transport
Applied Stochostic Analysis and Modeling
Introduction to Coastal Engineering
Hydraulic Engineering 1
Probability and Statistics for Civil Engineers
- Sustainable coastal development using soft structures
- Port Feasibility (funded by the Turkish Bottle and Glass Factories Inc, 2003)
- Maritime accidents and oil spills in the Turkish Straits and the Sea of Marmara (case studies and computer modelling, 1997-2003)
- Sand Mining in the Black Sea (funded by Turkish National Science Foundation and Istanbul Dredging Association, 2000-2003)
- Earthquake generated water waves on uniformly sloping coasts (analytical solution for coastal tsunamis, 2000)